You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-21 00:31:21

intension

[Solved] Suspend/Hibernate Issue

So I recently installed 2009.08 with 0 issues, no problems or glitches. Installed XFCE4 via pacman... everything seemed great. However, when I went to log off, I noticed that the "suspend" and "hibernate" buttons were greyed out. I immediately logged out, logged back in as root..... everything was normal again. Rebooted, and logged back in as regular user, same problem. My standard user account is in the power group... anyone have any tips?

Last edited by intension (2009-11-23 06:05:11)

'I begin with the principle that all men are bores. Surely no one will prove himself so great a bore as to contradict me in this.' - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard

#2 2009-11-21 02:18:39

intension

Re: [Solved] Suspend/Hibernate Issue

it seems as if my shutdown and reboot buttons are greyed out as well... leaving only log out. That leads me to believe it is a permission issue, but like I mentioned, my user accnt has "power" privilidges! Any help would be very welcome and appreciated.

'I begin with the principle that all men are bores. Surely no one will prove himself so great a bore as to contradict me in this.' - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard

#3 2009-11-21 05:39:30

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Are you using SLIM? If so, your answer is in the wiki page for SLIM.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#4 2009-11-23 06:05:19

intension

I found it... I just had to change exec startfxce4 to exec ck-launch-session xfce4-session. Stupid HAL.

Thanks for the help though!

Board footer