You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-23 10:24:49

Gerhard

Error while running pacman -Syu

Hi.

I've been using Archlinux for about a week now, and I am very impressed with the distribution.
I have one problem though. I'm getting a weird error that I'm not sure how to solve.

While running sudo pacman -Syu I get the following error

[gerhard@arch ~]$ sudo pacman -Syu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                                                                                                                                                       [DONE]
 extra                                                                                                                                                      [DONE]
 community                                                                                                                                                  [DONE]
 archlinuxfr                                                                                                                                                [DONE]
:: Starting full system upgrade...
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/sync/archlinuxfr/pacman.manfr-20090803-1/desc: No such file or directory

The error line repeats itself about 30 times.

Any help would be appreciated!

Gerhard

#2 2009-11-23 10:25:46

wonder
Developer
Website

Re: Error while running pacman -Syu

do pacman -Syyu

Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.

#3 2009-11-23 11:18:12

arunix

I have problem like this but the main problem is corrupted packages. i download  soffice many times but at the installation time it says file is corruted do u want to delete or not. i just updatet the pacman and change the mirror but the problem is still.

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.

#4 2009-11-23 16:12:50

Gerhard

Thank you for the reply wonder, but I get the same type of error with pacman -Syyu.

I forgot to mention that I also got:

local database is up to date

after the error-lines.

[Edit]
It seems that airpac is the problem. I commented it out from /etc/pacman.conf, and I could now run pacman -Syyu again.
I'm not sure why airpac is behaving like this though..

Last edited by Gerhard (2009-11-23 16:45:42)

Board footer