You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-23 12:16:15

Akii

UT2004 - Keystrokes not recognized [solved]

Hi,

I hope there are still people within the Archlinux community who play Unreal Tournament 2004. I installed that on linux since my XP installation became somehow unstable (lol.. ). Only problem was the installation of the game itself because I own the "Midway Unreal Anthology" and there is no native installer on that dvd. So I simply took the windows files, applied the latest linux patch, got the original user.ini and ut2004.ini and the game is fully playable.. or would be fully playable because I still have a tiny problem.

I don't think this is directly a problem with UT since the game runs.

My problem is, and now it becomes.. hard to explain... Oh well best is I give an example. When you dodge in UT you usually press the movement key twice fast (0.25 as of the installation defaul value, configurable in the options). So sometimes when I try to dodge the last or the first keystroke is not recognized. And that dodging is curcial in UT is out of question - this makes the game unplayable on linux for me and I've been testing this for the last 4 days.

So I never had any problems with the keyboard (besides maybe of the keyboard layout since hotplugging) therefore I don't know what to do anymore.

Stats about my keyboard: USB "Hama" Gaming Keyboard for around 12 € smile (yeah I'm not a progamer tongue)
lsusb spits out following: Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0566:3023 Monterey International Corp.

It would be really annoying to be forced to switch back to windows (or another, older linux distribution but i don't want that neither) just because of this game sad so if you have an idea or two please post it. I'll try anything - reinstallation of Archlinux takes maybe 4 hours so np smile

Akii

Last edited by Akii (2009-11-24 16:20:35)

#2 2009-11-24 16:20:13

Akii

Re: UT2004 - Keystrokes not recognized [solved]

Problem seems to be solved now.

I tried to downgrade libSDL - no good
Then I tried to configure the Xserver over the xorg.conf and disable auto-add-device so evdev is disabled.

This solves my problem ^^

Akii

Board footer