You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-23 22:20:05

Stythys
Website

Pulseaudio Daemon Startup

[syth@Imperium ~]$ sudo /usr/bin/pulseaudio --fail=1 --daemonize=1 --system
W: main.c: Running in system mode, but --disallow-exit not set!
W: main.c: Running in system mode, but --disallow-module-loading not set!
N: main.c: Running in system mode, forcibly disabling SHM mode!
N: main.c: Running in system mode, forcibly disabling exit idle time!
E: main.c: Daemon startup failed.

any ideas? and yes, I read the wiki where it said to uncomment the "fail" in my /etc/pulse/system.pa, but that line doesn't exist in mine.

[home page] -- [code / configs]

"Once you go Arch, you must remain there for life or else Allan will track you down and break you."
-- Bregol

#2 2009-11-23 23:02:00

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Pulseaudio Daemon Startup

Run per-user, system mode is a bad idea except for very specific use-cases. If you DO want to use system mode, use /etc/rc.d/pulseaudio instead of your own line with options.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2009-11-24 19:03:20

Stythys
Website

I am using /etc/rc.d/pulseaudio...it's just I just get a generic [FAIL] message with that so I looked in the file to get the command it was running, and ran it myself to see the error. I mean this is just the standard pacman -S pulseaudio...should I not be using the default options?

[home page] -- [code / configs]

"Once you go Arch, you must remain there for life or else Allan will track you down and break you."
-- Bregol

#4 2009-11-24 22:39:29

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

You should not be using --system, at all. /etc/rc.d/pulseaudio shouldn't exist, IMO. Pulseaudio should just be run as `pulseaudio` from the CLI.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer