You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-25 19:50:46

Neuro

mplayer, ffmpeg (mt) and latest git versions

Hi,

I've been using mplayer-mt-git for a while now, but lately (4-5 days) I can't git clone it. It seems mplayer devs decided to make some sort of a cleanup and devised their own mplayer.build scripts:

http://repo.or.cz/w/mplayer.git/blob/37 … ECATED.txt

http://body0r.wordpress.com/2009/10/31/ … -chapters/

Now, in essence they've made scripts which checkout and build everything from libswsscale-git, libass-git through ffmpeg-mt to mplayer. This isn't a very Archi-sh way to do it and PKGBUILDING it seems a bit hard.

So my question is: has anyone managed to come up with PKBUILDS for each library so that they build their latest git versions and depend on each other. I mean
x264-git
ffmpeg-mt-git (or ffmpeg-git)
mplayer-git
libass-git
libswsscale-git

The idea is to have these packages mimic the mplayer.build scripts but to put everything in separate packages. This way, one would get the latest mplayer, latest ffmpeg and latest x264.

Anyone got something like that already?

#2 2009-11-26 05:27:16

skottish
Forum Fellow

Re: mplayer, ffmpeg (mt) and latest git versions

That mplayer-git repo is not an official Mplayer repo. It's a fork that "contains changes that might be in official mplayer svn in the future".

http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=MPlayer_FAQ

Is there something that you're looking for that isn't in the subversion tree? I build x264-git every revision, ffmpeg-svn, and mplayer-svn daily. I've never tried the MT branch of FFmpeg, so I don't know how that works out.

Also, moving...

#3 2009-11-26 07:41:31

Neuro

Yeah, well actually it is the MT. Can it be built from the mplayer-svn? I mean, last time I was interested in mplayer's build system, it had it's own ffmpeg sources in it. Can it be forced to build against an already-installed ffmpeg-mt?

Last edited by Neuro (2009-11-26 07:48:52)

#4 2009-11-26 08:38:03

dyscoria

Yeh mplayer can be compiled with either ffmpeg from its own source, or using a separately installed ffmpeg (or ffmpeg-mt). This needs to be put into PKGBUILD I think:

--disable-libavutil_a
--disable-libavcodec_a
--disable-libavformat_a
--disable-libpostproc_a
--disable-libswscale_a

Last edited by dyscoria (2009-11-26 08:38:35)

flack 2.0.6: menu-driven BASH script to easily tag FLAC files (AUR)
knock-once 1.2: BASH script to easily create/send one-time sequences for knockd (forum/AUR)

#5 2009-11-26 09:38:22

Gusar

Neuro wrote:

Can it be forced to build against an already-installed ffmpeg-mt?

Yes (don't know how exactly though, ./configure --help probably has the info). Or you simply replace the libavcodec, libavformat and libavutil directories in the mplayer source with those from ffmpeg-mt. That way you get a multi-threaded mplayer, while the rest of your system uses the usual (and probably more stable) ffmpeg.

#6 2009-11-27 17:39:47

extcake

I upladed new PKGBUILD that use mplayer-build to build mplayer-mt.
The mt branch is now deprecated.

Board footer