You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-25 20:26:20

milomouse
Website

[SOLVED] Keyboard buttons not what they should be.

Ok, after I got my keyboard working again (because it would not work at all, I had to take out the battery in my laptop for about 5 minutes and hold down the power button, ultimately resetting the motherboard) I've been having slight issues with my key functions.

For the most part, I notice it when I try to scroll up in the terminal buffer by holding Shift and pressing PageUp (like I always used to do) and now it scrolls up once and then sits there, I hit Ctrl+C and it shifts back to the prompt line where I see a bunch of "O"s, depending on how many times I pressed PageUp while holding Shift. Also, when I'm in Vim, I hit PageUp and PageDown and it goes to "/" search, or completely CAPS EVERYTHING IN THAT SENTENCE. I'm not sure what's going on, but it's very annoying.

My rc.conf shows KEYMAP="us", so I guess it's already at default.. So, is there a way I can "reset" my keyboard to recognize all my keys again, if that is in fact the problem, or do I have to use "showkey" and manually map every key to what I want? I'm not sure of the other options.

EDIT: Also, I tried setting again using: setxkbmap us
And then my PageUp and PageDown buttons work properly, but not my Left, Right, Up, Down, arrows. So, I'm guessing I just have the find the right keymap? Or edit one by hand..

Last edited by milomouse (2009-11-27 19:17:06)

#2 2009-11-27 19:16:39

milomouse
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Keyboard buttons not what they should be.

For those who have a similar problem.. I found out that X.org was the culprite (for me, anyway). So, what I did to ammend this was by adding the following line to my xorg.conf file under the Section "ServerFlags":

Option   "AllowEmptyInput" "on"

I guess this isn't default? Regardless, this worked for me. I now have control over my keys again.

#3 2009-11-27 19:18:38

JuseBox

Re: [SOLVED] Keyboard buttons not what they should be.

Good Fine Thanks man!

Linux ArchLinux 3.2.8-1-ARCH
#1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Feb 27 21:51:46 CET 2012 x86_64 AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
8192MB DDR3 1300MHz | Asus m5a97 | GeForce GTX 550 Ti | 120 GB SSD

Board footer