You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-27 00:30:21

jocheem67

Please review these settings

I'm running Arch here on several machines, really lovin' it ( though very time-consuming to set up things )..
I've been tinkering around with power-settings on my little asus 1005HA-H netbook.

I think I've got a good setup now, however I'm wondering if anyone could be so kind to check on my suspend and hibernate settings:

-- had acpid and gnome-power-manager installed -- removed those. ( Is there any value in keeping these?? )

-- installed and configured pm-utils and powernowd -- used the wiki's ( no hassle here )

-- using sudo pm-suspend and sudo pm-hibernate to initiate powering down

I made a little script ( well stole the commands from another topic ) to access and restart my wireless:

#!/bin/sh

modprobe -r ndiswrapper
modprobe ndiswrapper
/etc/rc.d/wicd restart

echo "internetten"

Can you guys live with this thingie ( never made scripts before.....)

Thanks!!!!

Oh...things are working properly, am just wondering if there's any modification needed..

#2 2009-11-27 06:53:08

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Please review these settings

Acpi is pretty critical (unless it breaks your box, then it's another issue), i'd keep power management if I were you.

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

#3 2009-11-27 09:18:23

jocheem67

Thanks..however is that acpid or acpi, as it's 2 different packages?

#4 2009-11-27 09:29:02

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

A

pacman -Qi

on both packages should tell you something about them, and if not, there's always google smile.

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

#5 2009-11-27 11:47:39

jocheem67

Yeah, Google is always there..but not when wanting to know about the more obscure..
It's basically about the differences 'tween acpi, acpid ( the daemon, I know..), and the use on the gnome frontend, or in conjunction with pm-utils, cpu-freq, powernowd..
The wiki's , as good as they are, are not conclusive on comparing the different techniques.

However, I installed above tools on an other laptop and got that one running suspend and hibernation too..
So I'm basically happy, thanks!

Board footer