You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-27 16:20:41

monkey_

SMS for cluster

Recently set up a small beowulf cluster with arch (part of a group).  I've been charged with setting-up/finding some maintainance software (node 1 ac power failure...) then to receive a text message or email about it.  I've done some web searching but (being a newb) may not be searching for the right thing.  Do I need to write a script?  If so, for what shell would be best?  Do I need software and a script?  Any suggestions are much appreciated.

#2 2009-11-27 17:46:30

tomd123
Developer

Re: SMS for cluster

monkey_ wrote:

Recently set up a small beowulf cluster with arch (part of a group).  I've been charged with setting-up/finding some maintainance software (node 1 ac power failure...) then to receive a text message or email about it.  I've done some web searching but (being a newb) may not be searching for the right thing.  Do I need to write a script?  If so, for what shell would be best?  Do I need software and a script?  Any suggestions are much appreciated.

You probably need a script, unless you find a program that does it for you.
If you decide to write a script, you would have to have some way of monitoring whether a computer has ac power. You could do this by checking if you can ping the computer, although this isn't entirely accurate. You would then use a library or program to send an sms or email.
For some programs/libraries, search the repos and aur.

Board footer