You are not logged in.

#1 2003-07-26 20:20:13

hApy
Website

suspicious python error.

I am running bittorrent and I just got this error (I'm not entirely sure if it pops up often or if this is new or something because I normally run straight through my browser so no errors are shown on output)

Exception in thread Thread-2:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/root/Arch.CVS/arch/build/devel/python/pkg/usr/lib/python2.2/threading.py", line 414, in __bootstrap
    self.run()
  File "/root/Arch.CVS/arch/build/devel/python/pkg/usr/lib/python2.2/threading.py", line 402, in run
    apply(self.__target, self.__args, self.__kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/BitTorrent/Rerequester.py", line 76, in rerequest
    r = h.read()
  File "/root/Arch.CVS/arch/build/devel/python/pkg/usr/lib/python2.2/httplib.py", line 1140, in read
    assert not self._line_consumed and self._line_left
AssertionError

Exception in thread Thread-5:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/root/Arch.CVS/arch/build/devel/python/pkg/usr/lib/python2.2/threading.py", line 414, in __bootstrap
    self.run()
  File "/root/Arch.CVS/arch/build/devel/python/pkg/usr/lib/python2.2/threading.py", line 402, in run
    apply(self.__target, self.__args, self.__kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/BitTorrent/Rerequester.py", line 76, in rerequest
    r = h.read()
  File "/root/Arch.CVS/arch/build/devel/python/pkg/usr/lib/python2.2/httplib.py", line 1140, in read
    assert not self._line_consumed and self._line_left
AssertionError

it looks like the python or bittorrent builds may be dependent on their path they were packaged in perhaps? Maybe somebody will recognize this /root/Arch.CVS path setup.... my guess would be it may be python since it was packaged by judd and I can't see many other people having such a crazy ABS setup. smile

Anyways I will look into it later, the error doesn't seem to stop the program from running entirely at least. smile

And of course the other alternative is that the error message actually has nothing to do with incorrect path information built into the package and it's just an error of bittorrent.

Hapy.

#2 2003-07-26 20:33:55

andy

Re: suspicious python error.

Hmmm, I packaged bittorrent. However, I never really used the GUI version, only the curses version. It usually works just fine. Occasionally, when there are more timeout errors and similar problems than there is space on the temrinal I get a lot of python errors flooding the screen. Sometimes resizing the window helps. But in the end it is only cosmetics - the transfer continues just fine.

Now, in the end I know no python at all ;-) ... so I can't even tell if this is a bug in bittorrent itself or a packaging/path problem.

Board footer