You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-27 23:50:19

insomniak4700

Issues with TurboPrint [Solved]

Hello everyone, I'm having a few issues with Turboprint.
For now, I'm using Ubuntu on another partition and that works quite well with TP, but Ubuntu is so much more sluggish than arch sad

I've done multiple searches in the wiki, and here, I could not find anything that seemed to help.
I posted the issue at the Turboprint forum, would someone mind having a quick look?
http://www.turboprint.info/support/view … =1953#1953

When I setup the printer, this is what I did
1. installed CUPS   (pacman -S)
2. installed Turboprint (from .tar.gz file on the zedonet website)
3. added the printer via the turboprint control center.

I've tried removing it and reinstalling from Gnome printer management, but there is always a bunch of options that do not work
when using TP as a user (selecting resolutions, paper sizes, rendering intent, etc).   With Ubuntu, everything "just works" after installing
the printer from the gnome printer manager. (using the ppd files in /usr/share/turboprint/ppd)

I honestly don't really want to go back to using Ubuntu, so far I enjoy the spiffiness and speed of arch. It's a great distro even if it's
a little more work.

I have a Canon IP4500. I'm using Turboprint for the enhanced resolution and the cd tray functionality. Paper profiles too.
If anyone has a arch/turboprint/canon setup, I'd like to hear your experiences.

thanks!

Last edited by insomniak4700 (2009-12-22 01:44:04)

#2 2009-12-22 01:43:40

insomniak4700

Re: Issues with TurboPrint [Solved]

Hello everyone. I stuck with Arch with multiple printer queues for a while (one for each paper/setup)
and I finally found a solution. I think this might some some sort of bug in CUPS, or maybe it's by design....

Enabling remote administrationin CUPS cures this issue, even if only localhost is allowed. What ever I select
in my apps, or the print control center, or the Turboprint console STICKS when a documents goes out to be
printed. I'm not stuck with the defaults set in the CUPS admin page or root.

I hope this will help someone else.

Board footer