You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-28 16:19:12

undeclared

seed box help please

i am trying to set up an arch linux torrent box and i am running in to some issues. everything has been going smooth until i get ready to setup the php. these are the instructions i am using to set it up
Part 3.33 repeating: Setup PHP

Step 1: Type 'sudo nano -w /etc/httpd/cont/httpd.conf' and scroll down to the end of the list of 'LoadModule'. At the end, type 'LoadModule php5_module modules/libphp5.so' and 'Include conf/extra/php5_module.conf' on two separate lines.

Step 2: Find 'open_basedir' and add ':/bin/:/usr/bin/:/usr/local/bin/' to the end of the line (follow the pattern).

Step 3: Find 'allow_url_fopen = Off' and change it to 'allow_url_fopen = On'

Step 4: Type 'sudo /etc/rc.d/httpd restart' to restart the server. There is a script to test PHP on the wiki link at the beggining of this part, do it.

the entire guide can be found herehttp://filesharefreak.com/tutorials/set … flux-b4rt/

i am having issues with step 2 i cannot seem to find open_basedir for the life of me! is this guide out dated? i have followed everything to a cept the install process was in a slightly diff order then in the guide some please help me thanks in advance

#2 2009-11-28 16:57:02

Nezmer
Website

Re: seed box help please

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/LAMP
did you look in "/etc/php/php.ini" ?

Slightly off-topic :
Why not use rtorrent with ssh/screen or one of the web frontends.

English is not my native language .

#3 2009-11-28 19:16:40

undeclared

i am really new to all this so bear with me.... do you mean still use arch and use rTorrent for the torrent front end?
basically this is my setup if anyone has a better suggestion of what i should use please don't hesitate to let me know i am open to suggestions.
I have my main pc
AMD Phenom II 940 BE
MSI K9N2 Diamond MoBo
EVGA GTX 260 core 216 super-clocked
8GB ram
5x 500gb HDD's
Cooler Master V10
1kW psu
Antec 1200 case
Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition
Needless to say it puts out some heat, right now it great keeps me nice and toasty but i have another old gateway that i want to use. i want something that is not demanding on the system since the gateway is on it's last leg. I will be hooking the gateway up to an internet connection and power no monitor unless i absolutely need to
BTW: thanks i found it where you suggested, i will keep the thread open tho for now if anyone has any other suggestions on how i should set this up thanks

Last edited by undeclared (2009-11-28 19:26:44)

#4 2009-11-28 19:18:19

decaturguy

I had php troubles too after the latest php and myql updates.
I have TFlux-b4rt installed too but i don't use it,  i use azureus with webui on a headless server I've been using it for almost 4 years.
delete your /etc/php/php.ini and use archlinux latest /etc/php/php.ini.pacnew rename or copy to php.ini

edit php.ini
line 379: open_basedir = /srv/http/:/home/:/tmp/:/usr/share/pear/      <--- add :/bin/:/usr/bin/:/usr/local/bin/
line: 890: allow_url_fopen = On          <--- its already on smile
line: 958: ;extension=mysql.so     <----- remove ; infront of extension=mysql.so

#5 2009-11-28 19:29:11

undeclared

"delete your /etc/php/php.ini and use archlinux latest /etc/php/php.ini.pacnew rename or copy to php.ini"
not sure how to do all this do i need to do an update?

#6 2009-11-28 19:40:20

decaturguy

cd /etc/php
ls -l
you should see something like:
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  4096 23 nov 22.38 conf.d
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 68404 24 nov 00.34 php.ini
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 68389 20 nov 00.07 php.ini.pacnew

if see that you a file called php.ini.pacnew you delete you old php.ini and rename  php.ini.pacnew to php.ini
you have to be root to edit/delete/remove this files.
to delete php.ini: rm php.ini
to copy php.ini.pacnew as php.ini: cp php.ini.pacnew php.ini

Last edited by decaturguy (2009-11-28 19:44:56)

#7 2009-11-28 20:33:09

Nezmer
Website

@undeclared
You are receiving bad suggestions and I'm sorry for that. I think you already solved your initial problem and you are good to go. If you are interested in what ".pacnew" files, read on.

If I understand correctly, you have a new setup and just installed Arch. So you don't need to worry about ".pacnew" files. ".pacnew" files are added when you upgrade and the syntax of the configuration file changed or some value earned a new default. They serve as a reference to ease the migration to the new syntax. You are not supposed to delete the original file(and thus lose your custom settings). You are supposed to use some tool like vimdiff to see what actually changed and fix your original file. In this case , If you have "/etc/php/php.ini.pacnew". Then you should run

vimdiff /etc/php/php.ini /etc/php/php.ini.pacnew

Last edited by Nezmer (2009-11-28 20:35:16)

#8 2009-11-28 20:40:11

Nezmer
Website

I suggested rtorrent in my first reply because I use it in a remote server with screen via ssh and it really rocks.

The wiki pages will give you a better idea about rtorrent and the web interface wtorrent.

#9 2009-11-28 21:55:22

undeclared

ok i think i am following i tried going to /etc/php/php.ini and adding the values where it said and the apache server fails to start now so i think i may have done something wrong i am gonna backtract later tonight when i get home and try again.

If you have "/etc/php/php.ini.pacnew".

i do not have that yet i havent tried updateing or whatever that code does. i am slowly figuring out what all the coding means and does but still unsure about some things. i work in a computer repair shop and we were dead yesterday and today so i have been working on it here at work.

Board footer