You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-02 06:43:54

sant527

hp device manager

As per my understanding to add a printer after it is connected first I have to install the hp plugin using the hp device manager. Hp setup later asks for the file or it will download a .run file from internet.

But I dont see in my system where it gets saved. Because I have another computer which is not connected to internet. SO that I can use this file and install the hp plugin.

Or can any one suggest where can I download the hp1008 hp plugin .run file.

#2 2009-12-02 07:00:56

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: hp device manager

My HP Deskjet 940C is supported by cups+hplip - no additional downloads required. I used the cups interface only to configure it, not the hp device manager. Did you try it that way?

#3 2009-12-02 07:14:51

sant527

Re: hp device manager

First time I tried in the following manner for hp laserjet P1008

I installed cups hplip and foomatic etc as per the wiki
Added user to lp group. Then connected the printer to usb and restarted and printer is shown in lsusb
Then I opened cups local and went to administrator and did find new printers.

It showed my printer "HP_LaserJet_1020_USB_JL09AMB_HPLIP"

Then I did next and it showed a list of all printers. But it automatically selected hp laserjet P1008 hplip related ppd.

Then next is it says printer installed. Then when I do test page it shows status of printing as stopped and some error with the printer.

So some one suggested to install the hp-plugin for 1008 from hpsetup.

After hpsetup I deleted the previousy added printer in cups and again added the printer as above. Then the test page started.

So I felt that first use hp-setup and install the printer related plugin which is downloaded from hp website. That download is not saved  in file system I think .

Then using cups add the printer. then it looks it works.

Board footer