You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-05 21:48:31

Bucephalus

can't install from net-install usb image with ppp on eee

Hi forum,

l downloaded the latest net-install image for usb, set that up and booted into my 900a EEE and ran /arch/setup. I skipped the network part and setup ppp with a usb-serial cable and ran pon <isp> to connect. Selected the mirror and so on until I clicked on Select Package. "Pacman prep failed" it said, look at tty7. There it said "failed retrieving file core.db.gz from <mirror>"..."transient resolver failure". So I clicked OK, and it put me in a window where it said "Package selection is split into two stages etc" OK. Now I was put in a window where it said "Select Package Group DO NOT DESELECT" and there was this "[*] base ^", selected. I did not deselect. OK. Here I was dropped to the prompt with the message

ERROR: ask_checklist makes sense if you specify 1 thing (tag, item and ON/OFF switch)

I've gone through the process several times, choosing 4 different mirrors, and deselecting that thing that said, DO NOT DESELECT with the same outcome.

Can someone please help? Is there perhaps a min speed at which net-install won't work? I'm way down there at ~3 kb/s.

Buce

Board footer