You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-06 11:38:30

dronox

sound (snd-intel-hda - ich7) on live image working - after install not

Hello there,

for my studies I created an Arch Live Image with a costum automatic installation script included. On the live image, alsa is not installed or configured, but if I print /proc/asound/cards to console, my soundcard Intel HDA ICH7 is presented as the available card - seems to work right there.
After processing the installation, I reboot and the first obvious problem: Udev has got a timeout after nearly 3 minutes - in live image it doesn't. The problem I got second (I think they are related) is, that if I print /proc/asound/cards on the real installation, it responses "No soundcards". I installed alsa-lib alsa-oss and alsa-utils - nothing else. I install custom packages from a local repository too (so I overwrite something in rc.conf and some other files in /etc), but they should not affect any soundcard configuration or something else.

I know that it's very difficult to make any statement, because you don't know every detail or configuration of the installation - but maybe you can give me an idea where to look for the mistake.

Regards
Dustin

Board footer