I have been trying to install Excel 2007 with wine on my arch x86_64 install, using different tutorials:
http://www.wine-reviews.net/wine-review … -1132.html
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mic … ffice_2007
I tried this with bin32-wine-suse (1.1.34) and bin32-winetricks.
However, at the end of the install it says that the updates were not installed successfully, and when I try to start Excel, it doesn't respond to the clicks.
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, particularly if one of you managed to install it on a x86_64 arch.
Last edited by sebokie (2009-12-14 17:23:04)
Here is what I did:
Installed a 32 bit chroot.
Followed the wiki on Office 2007. Winetricks did not manage to install the whole allfonts package.
Tried to run excel, same result as on x86_64.
Compiled wine from 1.1.33 from source.
Tried to run excel.
It still crashes but not at the same moment.
I'm going to run a vm with VirtualBox for now.
But if you have other advice you can still give it to me.
It runs fine here with the bin32-wine package and some winetricks stuff. I don't recall installing it giving me any problems, but it's some time ago already so I can't really help you with any pointers or so.
I was going to suggest crossover-office but there is no PKGBUILD and its non free anyway.
I installed bin32-wine (1.1.24) from repos and followed this tutorial:
http://pro.grammatic.org/post-installin … 24-68.aspx
The link is down, however to get office 2007 working for me I installed bin32-wine, winetricks and then ran:
$ WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/win32 winecfg
and set windows to xp and then ran:
$ WINEPREFIX=~/win32 winetricks msxml3 gdiplus riched20 riched30 vcrun2005sp1 allfonts
$ WINEPREFIX=~/win32 wine setup.exe
and then to actually use any of the executables you must cd to the directory. IE:
$ cd ~/win32/drive_c/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office12
$ WINEPREFIX=~/win32 wine ./EXCEL.EXE
note that you could set WINEPREFIX in your bash_profile, or make 32bit wine your default (then you only have to do WINEARCH=win32 winecfg). Anyway the two main problems I had were accidentally emulating 64bit (I know Wine Is Not Emulation) windows instead of 32 bit. Also I found that the programs hang if I didn't cd into the directory, probably because the dlls are linked with the local directory. Anyway everything works this way.