You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-10 09:52:56

kusako

Automatic network settings propagation failed

Hi-
I'm just trying to get my first installation of ArchLinux up and running on a VirtualBox instance. Everything works well upt to the configuration step.
Here I get the error "Automatic network settings propagation failed".

I tried manual configuration, but all config files seem to be completely empty. Is this standard for AcrhLinux? Do you really have to write all config files from scratch?

Thanks for your help
-kusako

#2 2009-12-10 10:29:26

JackH79
Website

Re: Automatic network settings propagation failed

Sounds to me like you left out a step in the installation. Empty config files happened to me as well when I did my first install. Can't remember where I went wrong, but if you followed the "Official Arch Linux Install Guide" http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Off … tall_Guide, you might wanna go back and follow the more in depth instructions on "Beginners' Guide" http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Beginners'_Guide
If you really follow it through, step by step, the installation is, if not a breeze, at least not a hurricane any more.

#3 2009-12-10 13:51:28

kusako

Ah, thanks for the help. Simply reinstalling did the trick. Not sure waht went wrong, but I'm up and running now. smile

#4 2010-01-25 06:54:17

ghxin

Hi. I had the same problem for the last few days. I just figured out that it seemed that something went wrong (didn't complete) in the 'Install Packages' step. Rerun this step immediately after the error and the install could continue normally.

Update:
I just realized that doing the above will NOT for sure solve the problem, but it's something to try. Anyway, you should see a lot of:

Installing a ...
Installing b ...
Parsing hook [...]
Parsing hook [...]

after the packages you select finish downloading. When the error in this post happens, I'm guessing you don't see these.

Last edited by ghxin (2010-01-25 07:20:15)

Board footer