You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-10 17:07:52

JoeKer1086

Need help working out some kinks......

ok. I am having multiple minor problems..... my system isup and running pretty well but i just cant seem to get everything up and running... alsa doest start (yes i read and followed the wiki, twice) audio and video files do not work when opened. I downloaded VLC and that does not work either. cant get java to install..... yakuake does not auto start. and there are a couple others that i cant think of off the top of my head.. can anyone help?

I understand it completely, grappled hopelessly with comprehension, balanced on the edge of insanity for an eternity.....a moment.

#2 2009-12-10 18:14:17

drcouzelis
Website

Re: Need help working out some kinks......

JoeKer1086 wrote:

...ALSA doesn't work, videos don't work, Java doesn't work, Yakuake doesn't work, other stuff doesn't work...

I think you are going to have to give a lot more information about the problem before anyone can help you. yikes Also, you may get better help in the forums if you ask only one question at a time.

What hardware are you using? What software are you using? What have you tried so far? What was the result? What do the logs say?

I can answer one question: To install Java type:

pacman -S openjdk

See here: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Java

Board footer