You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-14 02:11:25

stiffy420

Asus 1000h

Hey everbody.

im using tint2,openbox,firefox,pidgin,vlc,rtorrent.thunar and xterm at the moment.

How do your setup look like. im trying a minimalistic approach

how do i get an icon for alsamixer in my dock_

any comments on my setup. i will get the    workig. with acpi eee

but i didnt understand the part in the wiki about this
modprobe acpi-cpufreq

and about this
sudo modprobe acpi_cpufreq
sudo modprobe cpufreq_ondemand
sudo modprobe cpufreq_powersave
sudo modprobe cpufreq_performance

because my batterytime is awful.

Please help me twwek mu asus 1000h and tips for apps!!

#2 2009-12-14 13:39:27

MadCat_X

Re: Asus 1000h

What exactly is it that you don't understand about it? "acpi-cpufreq" module adujsts CPU clock using a governor which determines the frequency your CPU should be running at. "cpufreq_ondemand" etc. are these so-called governors. So to make CPU frequency scaling working you need the "acpi-cpufreq" module and at least one governor loaded. You can do this by adding "acpi-cpufreq" and "governor_ondemand" to the MODULES section in rc.conf (assuming that you will use the ondemand governor only).
To have the "ondemand" governor enabled upon boot, edit the /etc/conf.d/cpufreq file and have the file looking like this

#configuration for cpufreq control

# valid governors:
#  ondemand, performance, powersave,
#  conservative, userspace
governor="ondemand"

# valid suffixes: Hz, kHz (default), MHz, GHz, THz
#min_freq="1GHz"  //Cpufreq autodetects CPU frequency, so you can comment these lines out
#max_freq="2GHz"

Last step would be adding "cpufreq" to the DAEMONS section in rc.conf. When you reboot, your CPU frequency should be adjusted dynamically according to current CPU load.

I just rephrased the relevant info taken from the Arch Wiki. I hope it makes more sense to you now:)

Board footer