You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-15 23:20:21

Gen2ly
Website

Aquaria Beta

"Aquaria, the indie hit from game makers Bit Blot is now available for Linux as an open beta.  This build features the full game, and is playable until mid-January.  Bug reports can be sent to i.o's Bugzilla and the discussion list is here. So go grab the Linux installer...

–icculus. "

Here's the tarball to be able to install it.  Not going to put it on the AUR since it's only good for a few weeks.  There are probably a few missing deps as I got most deps already installed.  Let me know and I'll update it.

Last edited by Gen2ly (2009-12-15 23:20:43)

Setting Up a Scripting Environment | Proud donor to wikipedia - link

#2 2009-12-16 05:21:48

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Aquaria Beta

Is it any good?

Edit: Realized this sounded snarky. What i meant was, I checked out the site when it was announced on LAU ML, but it looks sort of like a game I'd let lower secondary kids play. To be fair I only spent 1 minute on the site looking at screenies...

Just comparing it with Heroes of Newerth which I'm currently playing.

Last edited by ngoonee (2009-12-16 05:23:11)

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2009-12-16 16:05:31

Gen2ly
Website

After playing Aquaria for a while (for a half hour or so) it is mythical game in the way that the original Prince of Persia was.  It has a good story line and has good graphics (think World of Goo like).  It is a 2D adventure scroller like the website says and is not an action game like PoP or HoN - it's not really possible to compare the two.  It's more for casual gamers and I can say I like it quite a bit.  As always, to see if it is something for you is to try it.

Last edited by Gen2ly (2009-12-16 22:55:01)

Setting Up a Scripting Environment | Proud donor to wikipedia - link

#4 2009-12-16 21:59:52

Runiq

WHAT!

*picks up jaw from floor*

Thank you for this, *very* much appreciated!

To ngoonee: The game is a sidescrolling action adventure and has its fair share of little puzzles. Great atmosphere and the narration/voice acting is just incredible IMHO. As Gen2ly already said, it's laid-back most of the time, but things can get pretty hectic when there are lots of enemies on screen.

Board footer