You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-19 00:15:29

rednano12

[Solved]Cannot connect to wireless

Hello World,

I did a fresh install of Arch today. Installed everything in base, base-devel as well as ndiswrapper, ndiswrapper-utils, sudo, and wireless-tools. After following Wiki instructions, I was able to connect to the internet, and installed python, as well as updated the entire system. The wiki said to reboot if a kernel was updated, and one was, so I obeyed. Unfortunately, now I cannot connect to the internet. If i try with the command shown below, and then run

iwconfig wlan0

It claims that I have no ESSID or Access Point.

I have a Trendnet TEW-424UB V3Wireless adapter, which I use with ndiswrapper.

iwconfig wlan0 essid "2WIRE835" key NotGoingToTellYou

Yes, I have WEP, yes, I know it is very insecure.

To fix this, I have tried rebooting the computer, as well as resetting the router. Nada. The router is not the problem as other computers can connect to it fine. Reinstalling the drivers were useless as well. Attempting to connect via the access point doesn't help. I also tried running

ifconfig wlan0 power off

But once more, no dice.

Methinks the update broke something important for my setup to work.

Thank you in advance for responding. Arch Linux looks like my cup of tea, and I would like to get it working and continue to learn and contribute to GNU/Linux.

Last edited by rednano12 (2009-12-20 23:03:10)

#2 2009-12-19 17:06:07

rednano12

Re: [Solved]Cannot connect to wireless

Hmm. After a forum search of my adapter, doesn't look like anyone else is having this issue. Would it make a difference if I tried the native R8187b?

#3 2009-12-20 23:02:46

rednano12

Re: [Solved]Cannot connect to wireless

A fresh re-install without ndiswrapper did the trick. roll

Thanks for the help...

Board footer