You are not logged in.

#1 2004-12-17 12:29:42

FUBAR
Website

Getting feedback on packages

I was wondering if there's a way of getting feedback on the packages users made, apart from the forumthread a user opens when he made a new package.

I've made several packages now, but I have no idea if I made them correctly: they work on my machine, but since no one has replied to the threads (I'm not popular :cry: ) I don't know if they work on other computers.

Every package I made, I posted to the Arch Incoming Register as well.
Is there anything else I should do to let the Arch-community know about the packages I made?

Finally, is there a possibility (some of) my packages make it into the release/current repo? smile

A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation.

#2 2004-12-17 16:40:14

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

Re: Getting feedback on packages

The incoming register isn't much used - they're attempting to implement a new system for adding packages.

Now, the idea is this: if people like/use your package, a TUR may pick it up, and eventually load it to staging... where a package maintainer can upload it beyond there (testing, then extra)....

Keep in mind, alot of times we make packages no one else cares about but us - hell, I made a package for pyosd.... heh

#3 2004-12-18 11:00:56

FUBAR
Website

Re: Getting feedback on packages

I know, I just make packages out of programs that aren't in the different repos yet. I'll just carry on doing what I've been doing for a few weeks now and see where it goes.

A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation.

Board footer