You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-19 19:51:08

supulton

[SOLVED] libetc not working

I'm trying to get libetc set up to sort my dotfiles into .config by
default, but I'm having some issues.
http://ordiluc.net/fs/libetc/

When I add "export LD_PRELOAD=libetc.so.0" to my .xinitrc, instead of moving the .dotfiles in my home directory to .config, they seem to simply vanish, and cannot be found in either /home/me or /home/me/.config. All of my configuration files that were in /home/me also stop working. They appear again when I comment out "export LD_PRELOAD=libetc.so.0," however.

Can anybody who has successfully used this program tell me what I am doing wrong?

I'm using the package from AUR:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=15943

Last edited by supulton (2009-12-19 21:31:51)

#2 2009-12-19 20:19:49

jac
Website

Re: [SOLVED] libetc not working

Well, on mine I have LD_PRELOAD set to just "libetc.so" I'm not sure on its syntax so what you have may be OK. I would also make sure that XDG_CONFIG_HOME is set properly, I have an export for it just before the one for libetc.

Oh, and libetc won't move the files that are already there for you, that could be the whole issue. Make sure you move them yourself, they should go into .config without their starting dot

Last edited by jac (2009-12-19 20:20:44)

#3 2009-12-19 21:28:06

supulton

Re: [SOLVED] libetc not working

jac wrote:

Well, on mine I have LD_PRELOAD set to just "libetc.so" I'm not sure on its syntax so what you have may be OK. I would also make sure that XDG_CONFIG_HOME is set properly, I have an export for it just before the one for libetc.

Oh, and libetc won't move the files that are already there for you, that could be the whole issue. Make sure you move them yourself, they should go into .config without their starting dot

Wow, didn't think of that. Works fine now, and clean home directory. Thanks. wink

Board footer