You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-19 22:00:38

salixman

Two problems with newly installed arch linux 64-bit

Hey, I just installed Arch Linux 64-bit (I'm using kdemod, too), and I'm having two major issues. One is that I originally chose not to install kmix, not knowing what it was. I obviously want to use it, so I installed it later. When I click on it it doesn't open. I'm having the same issue with skype-oss (I got it from the AUR). they don't open in the system tray, and kmix never opens a window. Skype opens a window and gives me the login page, but right after it logs in the window closes. Any ideas?

#2 2009-12-20 10:13:22

lswest
Website

Re: Two problems with newly installed arch linux 64-bit

This isn't really a solution, but it will probably be required in order to help you fix this problem.  If you run both kmix and skype from the terminal, what output does it return?  Any errors?  Could you copy the entire chunk of output into your next post?

(To run them in the terminal just open Konsole and type "kmix" and "skype" respectively).

Lswest <- the first letter of my username is a lowercase "L".
"...the Linux philosophy is "laugh in the face of danger". Oops. Wrong one. "Do it yourself". That's it." - Linus Torvalds

#3 2009-12-20 19:25:06

toxygen

kmix does not work with OSS as far as i know (there's a package in AUR but it's buggy at best).  you will have to use ossxmix for now.

"I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here:
Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill?"

#4 2009-12-20 19:45:25

Gen2ly
Website

Yeah, kmix currently is currently broken for oss in trunk sad

Setting Up a Scripting Environment | Proud donor to wikipedia - link

#5 2009-12-20 21:42:39

salixman

I actually got both of them working. For skype, I installed the bin32-skype file from the AUR (instead of bin32-skype-oss, which was installed earlier), and I'm not 100% sure how I got kmix working (it might have involved installing the whole kdemod-kdemultimedia package instead of just getting kmix from the main repos). But thanks for the suggestions anyways.

Board footer