You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-20 19:42:59

moose jaw

vim latex-suite F9 \cite completion

I'm suddenly having a problem with the auto-completion of latex/bibtex citations in vim latex-suite.  When I press F9 inside an open \cite{..., vim just goes from insert mode back into normal mode without popping up the normal latex-suite menu for filtering/selecting a citation.  My BIBINPUTS is set correctly in tex.vim, and F9 completion is working correctly inside \ref{...'s.  What's all the more annoying is that F9 completion was working on my machine for \cite{ commands until very recently, and I can't think of any configuration or other change that would have affected it.

I know that vim latex-suite is very finicky about the syntax of .bib files (much more so than Bibtex itself), but in the past when I've had F9 \cite problems in latex-suite, they've involved the window popping up but then not showing any of the citations that were in the .bib file.  Fixing the .bib file syntax then makes everything available.  But this time, I'm not even getting an empty window/menu; things seem to be broken at a deeper/earlier level.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! (or I might tragically be tempted to go back to emacs/auctex...)

#2 2009-12-20 22:51:05

moose jaw

Re: vim latex-suite F9 \cite completion

Hmm, not surprisingly, it was an unrelated stupid error on my part: the path to the file I was working on had a space in it.  Remove space from folder name, hello \cite completion.  Solved.

Board footer