You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-23 06:07:41

leetstalker

[SOLVED] can't get flash to work

First i tried copying the flashplayer.so to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins dir, but it didnt exists yet, so i did a searh and i found. This http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ins … bit_System  tried installing nspluginwrapper but it didnt work after restarting firefox. Tried manually installing the flashplater.so files again, since there was a dir there. Tried pacman -S flashplugin after i found that to be the most up to date way. None of this has worked, any ideas? I installed the 10.0.42.34 version. I never restarted anything other than firefox either. Thanx for any help.

Last edited by leetstalker (2009-12-23 08:20:13)

#2 2009-12-23 06:27:37

munkyeetr

Re: [SOLVED] can't get flash to work

EDIT: sorry, missed that in the first read through...

pacman -S flashplugin

Last edited by munkyeetr (2009-12-23 06:28:58)

If the advice you're given in this forum solves your issue, please mark the post as [SOLVED] in consideration to others.

"More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly." -- Woody Allen

#3 2009-12-23 08:05:48

leetstalker

Yes, sorry about the editing, i just spent 10 minutes looking for the edit buttons and then the submit buttons, my new style made them invisible:P . I had a thought though. Before i installed gnome i had installed firefox, could i have installed a second copy while installing gnome or done something else to cause me difficulty? I like firefox but i guess i'll try getting flash to work in some other browsers and see how that goes.  Also, firefox isnt detecting any plugins in its add-ons section, perhaps thats a clue?

#4 2009-12-23 08:18:37

leetstalker

[SOLVED ] It was the file permissions, /usr/lib/mozilla was restricted to users. I may have created the dirs myself to try and manually install the plugin and forgot the permissions. I thought i checked them but oh well, at leeast i got it. Thank you.

Board footer