You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-24 08:42:34

XtrmGmr99

Just installed Arch again on my laptop, have some questions

Hi there.

After a few months of being linux-less, i decided to install it again (I corrupted my partition last time and have been too lazy to fix it =P). I'm also currently using KDEmod, which is great.

However, I have some questions.

1) It doesn't seem that the sound settings are being saved when I log out of KDE. It's always at 100%, and I always have to turn it down.
2) I have this little cell-phone looking icon in the systray, and when i mouse over it it tell me:

Network Management is changing!
it is highly unstable and will crash your desktop. Until further notice, please use KDE 4 knetworkmanager instead

Well, I looked an I've already got knetworkmanager installed:

yaourt -Ss knetworkmanager
kdemod-core/kdemod-networkmanagement-knetworkmanager-kde4 1030904-1 [installed] (kdemod kdemod-complete kdemod-networkmanagement kdemod-uninstall)
     KNetworkManager for KDE4
kdemod-core/kdemod-networkmanagement-knetworkmanager-kde4-debug 1030904-1 (kdemod-debug kdemod-networkmanagement-debug kdemod-uninstall)
     KNetworkManager for KDE4 (Debugging Symbols)
aur/knetworkmanager 0.2.2-4 (71)
    A NetworkManager front-end for kde3 and kde4, based in version 0.2.2 stable
aur/knetworkmanager-unstable 737532-1 (Out of Date) (6)
    A NetworkManager front-end for KDE

I remember when i had Arch before that I used ArchAssistant to manage my wired/wireless connections. Is that still around? Can anyone recommend anything else, cause I also remember getting ArchAssistant to work was a hell of a project.
3) When I first logged in, the Akonadi Server Self-report popped up. I rememebr this from before, and could never get it to work (I really don't even know what Akonadi is, tbh). It says that the control and server process is not register to D-Bus. How can I fix this? Would I have to start and configure the MySQL daemon?

Thanks for any help! smile

#2 2009-12-24 09:00:45

stryder

Re: Just installed Arch again on my laptop, have some questions

To know if you have a program installed, use the -Qi switch. -Ss merely looks for available programs.

#3 2009-12-24 09:12:04

XtrmGmr99

I thought that's what the "[installed]" was for in the yaourt output.

#4 2009-12-24 10:29:45

XtrmGmr99

Okay, well I figured out the network manager thing.

Still looking around for info on the other two...

#5 2009-12-25 04:51:46

Dethredic
Website

For the first one, set the volume to your desired startup level, open a terminal window and run "sudo aslactl store"

Then in your startup daemons add @alsa. That will restore your volume settings on boot, not sure about just logging in and out of KDE though. (I don't run KDE)

see:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ALS … at_startup

#6 2009-12-25 14:46:54

Gen2ly
Website

Kmix by default restores mixer levels from last use but am not sure how kdemod configures it.  Right click on kmix > show mixer window > settings > configure kmix.

Setting Up a Scripting Environment | Proud donor to wikipedia - link

Board footer