You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-24 09:44:16

leetstalker

compiz only auto starting on 1 monitor until after i start firefox ??

I have compiz setup, im using dual screens with seperate X, it  is set to autostart on login. I did it threw gnome's system --> prefs --> startup apps, then added   fusion-icon . Immediatly after i login, compiz is working on the '2nd' monitor but not on the main. But if i start firefox on the main X, then compiz is immediatly working after. Before I load firefox when i ctrl+alt and drag it just draws a box like im just dragging with left mouse button. Is it my key board keys aren't being 'detected' by the main X of the bat??  I think it may be something like this since i dont see it load, im assuming its already running(there is no quick flash etc...)??  Very minor problem i guess lol. But if anyone knows whats going or how to fix it i'd like if you could share please.

#2 2009-12-24 13:19:29

leetstalker

Re: compiz only auto starting on 1 monitor until after i start firefox ??

***UPDATE****

I tried starting a few other programs rather than firefox to see if it 'kicked in' compiz. It didn't work!! Very strange, i wasn't expecting that. I tried gedit, some games, and another simple gui prog, So what is so special about firefox? On 1 occasion also, when my lock screen timed out and locked my screen. I went to resume and the lock screen was on my secondary monitor! Which is strange also, right? Even less of a big deal than compiz not working until i start firefox. I'll try some more testing of the situation eveytime i log in i guess lol. If anyone even has any ideas i'd like to hear it. Even if its not a solution but you think you might know whats going on.

EDIT::  COMPIZ ONLY RUNS ON MAIN IF FIREFOX IS RUNNING!! <-----big deal,   1 fix is to run   fusion-icon from a terminal in the main X, therefor running 2 fusion-icons, is this the proper way to set up compix on 2 X's? what is the best way to do this, if i recalls i added fusion-icon to gnome startup from the main X. What script should i edit and how do i make sure it is run in the proper X?

EDIT:: If i run fusion-icon from a terminal in the main X, it works for both X's. So, all i have to do is make sure that fusion-icon is executed in the proper X at login. Not sure how to do this but i'm gonna try some things now that i know what the solution is. Please post anything you can think of. If i can edit the command executed at login to run on screen 0 it should work.

EDIT:: No solution, but i noticed on my main screen (screen 0), that if i start firefox, then move to another workspace. Compiz stops working on that screen until i start firefox on the new workspace.  Irrelevant to the solution.  I'm just gonna run compiz manuall for now i guess. It's not like i need to have it running first thing when i log in all the time anyways. I am curios as too why compiz has such a hard on for firefox though?

Last edited by leetstalker (2009-12-24 13:55:05)

Board footer