You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-26 05:00:40

jlacroix

Virtualbox Question (About the Toolbar)

Hello everyone, I was hoping someone might know the answer to this little problem. In Virtualbox, when you have an OS in full-screen, there is a little popup toolbar that comes up when you move the mouse to the edge of the screen. The background of this toolbar AND the text are both black, making it impossible for me to see the labels. I looked for an option to change this but I did not find one. I also have tried Virtualbox on other distros and they all have the same problem, so I know it's not specific to Arch, but I have seen screenshots with the toolbar set to a different color.

If anyone knows the trick that would rock.

#2 2009-12-26 08:07:51

munkyeetr

Re: Virtualbox Question (About the Toolbar)

Not that this reply will be much help to you, but I haven't seen that issue on any of the VirtualBox installations I've done (on different machines and different distros). You mentioned you've had this problem before.

I poked around in the Preferences and config files (~/.VirtualBox, /etc/vbox, and /usr/share/virtualbox and /usr/lib/virtualbox) and didn't find anything that looked like it woudl edit the menu color.

I'm not sure which desktop environment you are running, but do you by chance have a "dark" theme installed? I've seen some themes that don't meld properly with each and every application, so could it (possibly) be a theme issue?

Just throwing that out there...

Munky

If the advice you're given in this forum solves your issue, please mark the post as [SOLVED] in consideration to others.

"More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly." -- Woody Allen

#3 2009-12-26 15:55:07

R00KIE
Forum Fellow

Well ... My toolbar can be seen properly. I use a pure black background (color, not image). The OS in fullscreen is windows xp, I did configure the toolbar to show in the top instead of the bottom.

Maybe it is a driver problem for you, I don't have the experimental 3d driver and support enabled.

1pW1_r.jpg

R00KIE
Tm90aGluZyB0byBzZWUgaGVyZSwgbW92ZSBhbG9uZy4K

#4 2009-12-26 18:19:19

jlacroix

Thanks everyone. The OS I'm running is also XP and I also moved the toolbar to the top of the screen. In my XP I am using a plain blue background. In KDE, I am using the default Oxygen theme with the default colors.

Board footer