You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-29 10:54:29

ilisium

Problem in openbox with transmission

I've got a problem with transmission and other torrent clients like rtorrent while in openbox. When I run them and play music or watch movies with smplayer or vlc after a period of time the torrent client becomes irresponsive and the media players start to lag until I kill the torrent client or until it gets back up and working.

The thing is that this only happens in openbox, when I run them in gnome they are working togheter just fine.
I had this problem for a while but lately it became really annoying and I want to fix it because I would love to continue using openbox.

#2 2009-12-31 15:00:06

JuseBox

Re: Problem in openbox with transmission

ilisium wrote:

I've got a problem with transmission and other torrent clients like rtorrent while in openbox. When I run them and play music or watch movies with smplayer or vlc after a period of time the torrent client becomes irresponsive and the media players start to lag until I kill the torrent client or until it gets back up and working.

The thing is that this only happens in openbox, when I run them in gnome they are working togheter just fine.
I had this problem for a while but lately it became really annoying and I want to fix it because I would love to continue using openbox.

Can I ask you what you mean? I use openbox and transmission.  and never have lag issues or anything of the nature.  But i download the files then move them to the Movies Folder...  I would love to troubleshoot but i would like to know what i should do to replicate your issue.

Linux ArchLinux 3.2.8-1-ARCH
#1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Feb 27 21:51:46 CET 2012 x86_64 AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
8192MB DDR3 1300MHz | Asus m5a97 | GeForce GTX 550 Ti | 120 GB SSD

#3 2010-01-01 10:33:08

ilisium

Re: Problem in openbox with transmission

Well, it's the torrent client, it freezes randomly and drags other programs I'm using after it, mpd, smplayer, vlc, virtualbox though it has nothing against firefox smile) and maybe other programs. I will try deluge... so far I have this problem with rtorrent and transmission-gtk.

Last edited by ilisium (2010-01-02 01:50:09)

Board footer