You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-29 19:46:58

lagagnon
Website

[Solved] Unable to get tilda transparent under fluxbox

I use "fbsetbg" to set my wallpaper of fluxbox v1.1 and want a transparent borderless terminal in the upper right of the screen. I thought "tilda" would be a good choice (as per the Arch Wiki) but cannot get it transparent, despite configuring tilda for 100% transparency many times. Any ideas where to go from here would be appreciated.

Last edited by lagagnon (2009-12-29 22:26:45)

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

#2 2009-12-29 20:46:35

falconindy
Developer
Website

Re: [Solved] Unable to get tilda transparent under fluxbox

Not entirely familiar with fluxbox's capabilities, but you might need to add in xcompmgr to attain true transparency.

#3 2009-12-29 21:01:22

harryNID

Maybe try this:

fluxbox-git-32trans 20091013-1:

http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=31183

Comment by: Ranguvar

This allows apps like urxvt and Xfce's Terminal to have transparency, as it enables 32-bit visuals

In solving a problem of this sort, the grand thing is to be able to reason backward. That is a very useful accomplishment, and a very easy one, but people do not practice it much. In the everyday affairs of life it is more useful to reason forward, and so the other comes to be neglected. There are fifty who can reason synthetically for one who can reason analytically.  --Sherlock Holmes

#4 2009-12-29 22:26:22

lagagnon
Website

OK, thanks guys - I think you are right about the true transparency thing. In the meantime I gave up on tilda and now use aterm's transparency options along with fluxbox's ability to hide all window decorations and it works as I want. Marked solved.

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

Board footer