You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-30 21:14:56

lagagnon
Website

VirtualBox Arch install query, especially partitions.

I am new to VirtualBox. I want to demonstrate an ArchLinux install to some friends so I have created a 3GB virtual HD with 512MB virtual RAM for an arch install. All continues fine but what I am unsure of is the partitioning stage. It shows my 3GB virtual drive as /dev/sda and wants to make the partitions there. I assume that is OK, because my REAL system is on /dev/sda and I don't want to mess anything up! I am assuming that is the virtual drive?

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

#2 2009-12-30 21:17:13

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: VirtualBox Arch install query, especially partitions.

That is correct. When you step through the partitioning process it should be evident that you are dealing with the 3GB (virtual) /sda not your xGB (real) /sda...

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2009-12-31 15:44:45

jolinfire

Re: VirtualBox Arch install query, especially partitions.

15 Gb virtual hard disk drive is more realistic. With 3Gb of software, I have base + xorg + gnome + compiz + openoffice and some little toys wink

Board footer