You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-01 00:06:00

scorpion

Problem with 4:3 resolutions in Widescreen

Hello. My problem is this, I have a notebook dell with an intel x3100 and widescreen. I have the driver xf86-video-intel and everything works just fine, except for this little thing. I have some games that only work with 4:3 resolution, and I want that when the game start and the resolution change, the image doesn't stretch. The funny thing is that it used to work fine first, but now, after install other games (cube 2 and warzone), now the image get stretched every time.
I've tried reinstalling xorg-xserver xorg-xinit and the driver, but its the same. In the man page of the intel driver, there is an option called PANEL_FITTING with the options full_aspect, center and full. Ive tried set it to full_aspect with the command "xrandr --output LVDS1 --set PANEL_FITTING but i get the following:

[claudio@Nootebook avpg]$ xrandr --output LVDS1 --set PANEL_FITTING full_aspect
X Error of failed request:  BadName (named color or font does not exist)       
  Major opcode of failed request:  148 (RANDR)                                 
  Minor opcode of failed request:  11 (RRQueryOutputProperty)                  
  Serial number of failed request:  27                                                                                                                                  
  Current serial number in output stream:  27                                                                                                                           
[claudio@Nootebook avpg]$

Has anyone any idea of how can I fix this??

By the way, I already tried uninstalling the games with their dependencies but nothing

Board footer