You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-01 21:24:58

Morringos

D-Bus fail at starting and my Arch left hangin when I'm working

First, happy new year brothers!:.

Oks, I've this problem, when my Arch is starting all appear [DONE], but in the part of D-Bus system.... this appear how to [FAIL], and when I'm working in my Arch x86_64, this left hangin on 5,3,10 if I was well, and nothing I can do because the mouse and the keyboard not respond only the reboot and poweroff button tongue, but this is all moments that I'm working on my Arch.
I've installed the drivers "pacman -S xf86-video-radeonhd libgl ati-dri", and "xorg" because I can not install the Catalyst driver for my ATI Radeon HD 4670, any idea?. Please help brothers, this is desperate that my system allways if left hangin.

NOTE: I can not the xorg.conf file, my Arch is x86_64, and I've the system up to date.

Thank's for your's time to read this post.

Greetings.

#2 2010-01-01 23:33:15

Samuel from beteigeuze

Re: D-Bus fail at starting and my Arch left hangin when I'm working

I had the same problem on one of my machines (nvidia, so I think this has nothing to do with the driver for the graphiccard). I suppose you try the steps that helped in my case:

Try to boot with the option acpi=off. To do this, you just hit 'e' (wich stands for edit) while the GRUB-Menu, select the long line where the kernel is specified (normally the second one) and press 'e' again. Now you should be in an simple editor and you can add 'acpi=off' (without the quotes) at the end of this line. Then press Enter (or Esc, I don't remember actually, but try Enter at first) and you should come back to the menu where you can selest lines to edit. Now simply press 'b' to boot your system with the modified configuration. This is only a temporary change and GRUB doesn't remember it at next bootup.

If all this works well and you want to remember GRUB this change, you have to edit your menu.lst. In order to do that you have to open (as root) the file /boot/grub/menu.lst and add 'acpi=off' to the same line like in the GRUB-Shell before. Now save and within the next reboot, your system should work again. Note that some functions like Suspend-to-RAM could be deactivated now, so try to get a real solution (and post it here, of course :-)) instead of this simple wokaround.

P.S. If you know yet how to change your GRUB-settings, excuse my long explanations, but I just wanted everyone to understand my post.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Board footer