You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-04 22:56:39

JoeKer1086

Cannot get Network Manager to start

I was using netcfg but I really wanted to switch to something that had a GUI. I am running kdemod (kde4) and networkmanager came with the install but it will not start... am I Missing something, i click it in the menu and it does absolutely nothing.... i have no idea where to go with this one.

I understand it completely, grappled hopelessly with comprehension, balanced on the edge of insanity for an eternity.....a moment.

#2 2010-01-05 00:09:47

davidm

Re: Cannot get Network Manager to start

JoeKer1086 wrote:

I was using netcfg but I really wanted to switch to something that had a GUI. I am running kdemod (kde4) and networkmanager came with the install but it will not start... am I Missing something, i click it in the menu and it does absolutely nothing.... i have no idea where to go with this one.

I presume you read this?

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Networkmanager#KDE4

I just installed this recently and am using nm flawlessly on my desktop.  I just followed the wiki.

After installing the applet (pacman -S kdeplasma-applets-networkmanager) as it said in the wiki I was able to merely right click on it to get a menu to set up everything.  I'm using the standard KDE4 though.

I'm guessing you might have this one installed since you state kdemod?

There is new version of KNetworkManager in [kdemod-core] providing system tray icon and configuration:

# pacman -S kdemod-networkmanagement-knetworkmanager-kde4

#3 2010-01-05 00:16:21

JoeKer1086

Re: Cannot get Network Manager to start

Yes I did read that and it is installed......which is what concerns me....i even tried uninstalling and reinstalling it.... this is the only problem I have had with kdemod so far tho.....everything else has pretty much worked flawlessly so I cant complain too much...ill post again if i find a solution.

I understand it completely, grappled hopelessly with comprehension, balanced on the edge of insanity for an eternity.....a moment.

Board footer