You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-09 05:04:54

dmz
Website

Favorite MPD hacks?

I've written lots of small scripts that make my listen-to-music-experience nicer, including playlist handler, playlist randomizer, "mpdftp" that automagically upload current artist/album to an FTP of choice, etcetera. Some days ago, however, I discovered that the script that I've used the most, "mpdrand", for taking random tracks from the MPD db and add them to a new playlist and play them, suddenly stopped working. This was probably the first thing I ever wrote when I started using Gnu/Linux, so it's nothing fancy (but it DID work!):

mpc clear > /dev/null && mpc listall|sort -R|head -n 20|mpc add && mpc play > /dev/null

I guess that my music datebase is just overgrowed. Anyway, I'm currently in the works of rewriting this ugly piece of junk to perl, and hopefully it will work a lot better, and faster.
If someone is interested, I got some scripts up at http://trapd00r.se/hacks/mpd-hacks/ . They're probably not up to date and even more probably very ugly, but please not that most of them was written a long time ago. lol

Enough shitting around; What are your favorite hacks that you use on a day-to-day basis?

#2 2010-01-09 10:52:37

Wintervenom

#3 2010-01-09 12:09:30

Blue Peppers

Re: Favorite MPD hacks?

mpc pause; mpc | head -1 | espeak; sleep 1; mpc play

My monitor has fits of not working, so this helps quite a bit smile

Consistency is not a virtue.

Board footer