You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-09 21:51:22

ilzoff
Website

How to find GTK Widget Name or Class

I want to customize notification daemon popup using .gtkrc.

So I need to write something like this

style "notify_popup" { bg[NORMAL] = @bg_color }

widget "*?NAME?*" style "notify_popup"
or
widget_class "*?CLASS?*" style "notify_popup"

But I dont know the class of notification daemon bubble nor the name of it.
Please tell me how can I find it out?
Well, if it's even possible.

#2 2010-01-10 08:22:17

PirateJonno
Forum Fellow

Re: How to find GTK Widget Name or Class

I don't think the notification daemon bubble is actually a widget (it contains e.g. a close button which is definitely a widget). However I think it is possible to theme the notifications outside gtkrc, just google for example themes

"You can watch for your administrator to install the latest kernel with watch uname -r" - From the watch man page

#3 2010-01-10 09:53:28

ilzoff
Website

PirateJonno wrote:

However I think it is possible to theme the notifications outside gtkrc, just google for example themes

I googled already, but nothing really work. sad

#4 2010-01-10 22:56:36

PirateJonno
Forum Fellow

"You can watch for your administrator to install the latest kernel with watch uname -r" - From the watch man page

#5 2010-01-11 08:35:09

ilzoff
Website

Thank you for your time.

I've tried these themes already, but they don't work except of the "slider" (which is ugly).
With nodoka I have the same problem as in comment on the aur page (Error while displaying notification: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus) ; when run notify-send example nothing show)
And installation of "ubuntu" theme with yaourt just failed (maybe because it's out of date, I don't really know how yaourt or AUR works).

But the thing is I don't need A Theme, I just wont to change the background or text color of bubble in my dark theme (I have white color on light gray background so I can't see anything). Everything is fine (and I like how it looks) in any other gtk-theme.

Maybe I should change my gtk theme, if changing of bubble background isn't possible.

Thank you anyway smile

#6 2010-01-11 09:37:14

PirateJonno
Forum Fellow

ok, well I'm not entirely sure but it's possible that some themes use one of the GTK colors, for example maybe the tooltip one for the background? So make sure you set those in gtkrc. Otherwise I don't think there's a lot you can do... hope this helps

Board footer