You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-12 23:00:55

MkFly

"Sliding" wallpaper with Compiz and no desktop

I'm running GNOME without Nautilus (I removed it with pacman).

I'm also using Compiz-Fusion and the "Desktop Wall" plugin.  The desktop wallpaper will "slide" along with my open windows when changing between virtual desktops, and I dislike this.  In CompizConfig Settings Manager, there is a setting for "non-sliding windows," which includes type=Desktop.

I'm assuming this isn't working for me since I have no desktop.  Attempting to "grab" the Class or Title of my non-existant desktop returns nothing, so I'm unsure what I should use to avoid my desktop wallpaper from sliding.

Any helpful guidance?

#2 2010-01-12 23:16:04

some-guy94

Re: "Sliding" wallpaper with Compiz and no desktop

MkFly wrote:

I'm running GNOME without Nautilus (I removed it with pacman).

I'm also using Compiz-Fusion and the "Desktop Wall" plugin.  The desktop wallpaper will "slide" along with my open windows when changing between virtual desktops, and I dislike this.  In CompizConfig Settings Manager, there is a setting for "non-sliding windows," which includes type=Desktop.

I'm assuming this isn't working for me since I have no desktop.  Attempting to "grab" the Class or Title of my non-existant desktop returns nothing, so I'm unsure what I should use to avoid my desktop wallpaper from sliding.

Any helpful guidance?

Use the 'wallpaper' plugin.

#3 2010-01-13 05:27:50

MkFly

Re: "Sliding" wallpaper with Compiz and no desktop

some-guy94 wrote:

Use the 'wallpaper' plugin.

Hmm.  While that does seem to do what I want, it appears the only way to actually change my wallpaper later on is via ccsm.  Is that right?

Ideally, I'd like to retain the ability to change my wallpaper by right-clicking an image in Firefox and selecting "Set as Desktop Background."

Board footer