You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-13 11:38:34

samjh
Website

Xfce Mouse Acceleration Option Does Not Work

Ever since I've been using Arch (around six months), I've tried to use Xfce but gave up due to lack of time in trying to fix various issues and reverted to Gnome or KDE.  Today, I have tried again, and am now left with one problem to overcome for my computer to be usable: mouse acceleration.

In Gnome and KDE, I can use the respective GUI configuration tools to switch my mouse acceleration off.  In KDE, mouse acceleration is effectively disabled if it is set to x1.0.  But Xfce's mouse settings manager doesn't work.  Changes to mouse acceleration settings do not take effect at all.  I've tried rebooting, but to no avail.

If I use xset to set my mouse acceleration to 1 (eg. xset m 1/1), then mouse acceleration is disabled.  But of course, the setting is lost after reboot and the command needs to be invoked again.

I'd like to know if there is a way to disable mouse acceleration (ie. set it to x1.0) on Xfce.  Preferably, this will be an Xfce configuration, not a system-wide configuration for all desktop environments (ie. if mouse acceleration is disabled using KDE, it doesn't affect Gnome's settings, and vice versa, so settings made using Xfce shouldn't affect other environments on the same computer).

PS: I'm aware of the xfce-settings-helper bug (http://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4572), but since that process is already running, that bug is not applicable to my situation.

Last edited by samjh (2010-01-13 11:45:14)

#2 2010-01-16 14:38:34

thiagoc
Website

Re: Xfce Mouse Acceleration Option Does Not Work

I don't know how help you, but I will try :^)

First of all, post your ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/pointers.xml.

#3 2010-01-16 22:49:37

samyazza

If that command works for you, you can try adding it to your autostart for xfce. Click the add button in the autostart tab of your sessions config menu and provide the necessary information. It's a workaround of course and I don't know if it'll work, but why now give it a try.

#4 2010-01-17 05:21:17

brebs

Use xinput.

#5 2010-01-26 13:01:44

samjh
Website

thiagoc wrote:

I don't know how help you, but I will try :^)

First of all, post your ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/pointers.xml.

Here it is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<channel name="pointers" version="1.0">
  <property name="Virtual_core_XTEST_pointer" type="empty">
    <property name="RightHanded" type="bool" value="true"/>
    <property name="Threshold" type="int" value="25"/>
    <property name="Acceleration" type="double" value="1.000000"/>
  </property>
</channel>

If I'm interpreting the file correctly, there should be no mouse acceleration.  But unfortunately, that is not the case.

#6 2010-09-14 13:51:47

jryarch

Hi is this problem resolved? It seems to me that your problem is that the mouse is not identified (only some Virtual XTEST pointer). I'm having exactly the same problem right now, my Roccat Kova doesn't show up in the list unfortunately..

Board footer