You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-17 04:45:42

Gumper

GPG passphrase timeout

I just created a gpg key and I'm using it to encrypt my Kmymoney file. When I open up kmymoney I have to enter my passphrase to open up the file. If I close the program and immediately open up the file once again in kmymoney, it does not ask me for the passphrase. After an undetermined amount of time I go back into kmymoney and open the file, this time it will ask me for the passphrase. So it appears that there must be a configuration somewhere to set the amount of time before I have to enter the passphase again.

Do anyone know where I might go about setting this timer or any other settings that might effect this? I'm using kde4.3.4 on Arch 64. I looked in KGpg but I don't see anything.

Ready yourselves, ready yourselves
Let us shine the light of Jesus in the darkest night
May the powers of darkness tremble as our praises rise .... Casting Crowns-Until The Whole World Hears.

#2 2010-01-19 09:54:27

Gumper

Re: GPG passphrase timeout

I figured this out. Apparently "gpg-agent" is running on my machine which caches entered passwords for the encrypted files. The default timeout for entered passwords with this is 10 minutes. A config file can be placed in ~/.gnupg called "gpg-agent.conf" where you can then adjust this time with the line "default-cache-ttl 60". In this example the timeout is set to 1min.

Let us shine the light of Jesus in the darkest night
May the powers of darkness tremble as our praises rise .... Casting Crowns-Until The Whole World Hears.

#3 2010-01-20 05:04:11

MercuryShadow

Re: GPG passphrase timeout

I was just about to ask you about gpg-agent, before I read your second post. Glad to see you got it figured out.

Board footer