You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-19 06:34:13

godlikejay

Share an NTFS folder to ArchLinux guest corrupts VirtualBox

Hey Guys, I met a problem on sharing folder. There is My origninal post on VirtualBox forum. At first I thought it is a fault under Win7. But when I tried to mount an NTFS folder in my ArchLinux to the Guest ArchLinux, I met the same problem. Mounting is OK, but listing caused the Guest crashed.
So I did some experiments, and here comes the results:

Host: Windows 7 64bit Guest: Windows XP      Shared Folder Type: NTFS    Success
Host: Windows 7 64bit Guest: ArchLinux x86   Shared Folder Type: NTFS    Fail
Host: ArchLinux x86   Guest: ArchLinux x86   Shared Folder Type: ext4    Success
Host: ArchLinux x86   Guest: Windows XP      Shared Folder Type: NTFS    Success
Host: ArchLinux x86   Guest: ArchLinux x86   Shared Folder Type: NTFS    Fail

Does anyone know what the problem is? And how to solve it?

BTW, I tried virtualbox guest addition both from the Arch repos and VBox Guest Addition CD but both failed.

#2 2010-01-28 19:07:01

meolson

Re: Share an NTFS folder to ArchLinux guest corrupts VirtualBox

I also get this problem, using my Windows Vista as host and Arch as guest.  But I get the same thing if I use Mac OS X as a Host, and Arch as Guest.  Has anyone got an idea what is going on?

#3 2010-02-02 21:53:31

zkeng

Re: Share an NTFS folder to ArchLinux guest corrupts VirtualBox

Hi

I have the same problem.

Archlinux 64bit host with Archlinux x86 guest, sharing ext3 directory will freze/crach guest.
Windiws XP 32bit host with Archlinux x86 guest, sharing NTFS directory will freze/crach guest.

...but Archlinux 64bit host with Windows XP 32bit guest, sharing ext3 directory works fine.

Have been fiddling around with som settings as well as different mount options. I am about to give it up and go for host networking with a network share instead.

Cheers

Board footer