You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-24 20:37:54

kjslag

touchpad feature

Is there a way to press a hotkey on my keybord (alt for example), which will make the size of my touchpad match with the size of my screen? So if I hold alt, and press the top left of my touchpad, I want the mouse to move to the top left of my screen (currently, nothing happens until I move my finger). Then I can continue holding alt, and slide my finger to the bottom left of the touchpad, and I want the mouse to slide to the bottom left of the screen. Then if I let go of alt, I want the touchpad to behave as normal.

Can this be done? It woud be very useful. I could press alt and put my finger on the approximate location on my touchpad, let go of alt, and then make the fine adjustment to move the mouse exactly where I want it.

#2 2010-01-30 21:15:29

ajb

Re: touchpad feature

Well, it's simple. You must just write some app, that would handle all X input events, grab alt from it, then get touchpad and screen dimensions, get finger position, calculate and use some X function that would set absolute cursor position(i think that such function should exist, but i'm not sure). When you're done give us this great app. Good luck wink

Board footer