You are not logged in.

#1 2005-01-02 21:11:38

dp
Website

the "arch"

archinarch7le.png

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

#2 2005-01-03 01:16:02

skoal
Website

Re: the "arch"

Nice artwork.  Did you have some sort of mathematical set of algorithms to generate that picture, or just stumble across it over the net?

By the way, I had been gone for a few months dp.  Why'd you change your avatar from "the screaming simian"?  I used to get a good chuckle when I stumbled across your posts in these forums.  As many times as I looked at that avatar, it never got old...

By the way, how does a primate evolve to a national flag within just a few months.  Seems like a "missing link" in there somewhere...

#3 2005-01-03 08:39:13

sarah31
Website

he changes his avatar as much as his underpants.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#4 2005-01-03 11:06:18

murkus

sarah31 wrote:

There's a thought I could have lived without. big_smile

.murkus

#5 2005-01-03 18:20:54

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

sarah31 wrote:

does that mean you don't wear any?

#6 2005-01-03 18:48:23

dp
Website

skoal wrote:

Nice artwork.  Did you have some sort of mathematical set of algorithms to generate that picture, or just stumble across it over the net?

it's a "Peter de Jong map"

it's generated with fyre:

http://www.archlinux.org/packages.php?id=6068

i really like chaos! (and fractals and evolution and this things!!!)

skoal wrote:

By the way, I had been gone for a few months dp.  Why'd you change your avatar from "the screaming simian"?  I used to get a good chuckle when I stumbled across your posts in these forums.  As many times as I looked at that avatar, it never got old...

he he  tongue

skoal wrote:

By the way, how does a primate evolve to a national flag within just a few months.  Seems like a "missing link" in there somewhere...

not really ... i found it very difficult to find photos i can resize to 80x80px and that would still look great ... so i took the first symbol i had on my hdd :-)

how can you simplify a photo with gimp? (i don't mean blur but some filter, that would simplify the photo .... like vectorizing it with very low importance on detail)

#7 2005-01-03 22:19:41

skoal
Website

dp wrote:

how can you simplify a photo with gimp? (i don't mean blur but some filter, that would simplify the photo .... like vectorizing it with very low importance on detail)

Wow, that would be some kind of filter if I understand you correctly.  I surely don't know of one in Gimp, but then again, there are so many I haven't tried yet.  By the way, thanks for dropping that "fyre" in the repos.

#8 2005-01-04 00:32:03

dp
Website

skoal wrote:
dp wrote:

Wow, that would be some kind of filter if I understand you correctly.  I surely don't know of one in Gimp, but then again, there are so many I haven't tried yet.  By the way, thanks for dropping that "fyre" in the repos.

yes, a kind of a filter ...

however, i started to use fractals as avatars ... what is a workaround to my small-photo problem ;-)

Board footer