You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-29 18:22:45

jmak

Question relating to chromium bug report

Hello,

I've reported a bug to chromium developers, and they asked me to enable Wrench > Options >Under the Hood > Check "Help make Google Chrome better ...". and send them a bug report. But I don't have this option in chromium that I downloaded and installed by using yaourt.

I told them this and they directed me to the google developers site to download and install their version of chromium. However, they have only .deb and .rpm version on google dev site. Probably, they don't know that Arch uses none of those packages.
I am just wondering is there any way of installing deb packages on Arch? I know that Debian can install .rpm packages, and I am just wondering is this possible in Arch.

Otherwise, I will have to tell them that those packages are incompatible with Arch and I cannot help them further.

Any idea?

jmak

#2 2010-01-29 20:26:46

thestinger
Package Maintainer (PM)

Re: Question relating to chromium bug report

community/deb2targz 1-2
    Converts .deb archives to tar.gz
extra/rpmextract 1.0-3
    Script to convert or extract RPM archives (contains rpm2cpio)
extra/rpmunpack 0-2
    This program converts rpm archives to cpio archives for cpio or afio
community/checkinstall 1.6.2-1
    spy for 'make install' and build rpm or deb

It looks like you could use one of this to convert the .deb (or rpm) and then build it with abs, but maybe first you could try the other chromium builds in AUR? I know there's a subversion package, a binary and then a more stable version in the repos.

Board footer