You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-02 13:14:04

samjh
Website

Wine fails to run using schroot

This is a weird one.

Two days ago, I set up a i686 chroot system on my x86_64 Arch system.  I also installed schroot.  Everything was good.  I was able to run wine programs using "schroot -p wine [insert program here]".

Yesterday, this didn't work.  I ended up with an error which, among other things, said:

Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.

Being well acquainted with how schroot and wine work, I made sure that xorg and nvidia version of both the 32-bit chroot and 64-bit system were identical.  Just to be sure, I reinstalled nvidia and its dependencies.  I also made sure to use the -p switch when running schroot.

No go.  The same error.

I did pacman -Syu on both systems, using the same repository mirrors.  Again, I made sure that nvidia and xorg-server versions were identical.

No go, again.

I checked $DISPLAY, which is :0.0, the correct setting.  I also reinstalled wine in chroot.

No go, again.  Same error.

Interestingly, wine runs fine when using the chroot system by actually chrooting into it.  It just doesn't work when schroot -p is invoked (as a normal user, not root).

Well, now I'm stumped.  Can anyone please take a guess at what is wrong or suggest a solution?

#2 2010-02-03 06:01:15

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Wine fails to run using schroot

Post your /etc/schroot/schroot.conf

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2010-02-03 12:42:04

samjh
Website

Re: Wine fails to run using schroot

Here is the Arch32 section of schroot.conf:

[Arch32]
description=Arch32
type=directory
location=/opt/arch32
priority=1
#users=username
groups=users