You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-03 20:28:45

ScottKidder

Dual Booting, SSD, NILFS

Lots of questions here! big_smile. A new Windows 7 install that botched my Arch install prompted me to take what little money I have and order a OCZ Vertex Turbo 30gb SSD from newegg. I'm obviously going to keep my 320gb WD drive. I figured that I could probably just install Arch to the SSD and leave Windows and my data on the WD drive, but what fun is that? If I can get Windows and Arch to boot off the SSD that would be ideal. I've already seen a few things about partition alignment and how Windows doesn't like the ideal alignment for SSD performance (probably best left to the forums at OCZ but input is welcome). Also, I would really like to try NILFS and am not sure of it's current status and what I'll have to go through to install it? Basically I'm just looking for some input and maybe for someone who has first hand experience with what I'm trying to accomplish here. I'd really like to have as much as I can sorted out before the drive comes early next week. Cheers!

archlinux|xmonad
++++++++++[>++++++++>+++++++>+++<<<-]>+++.>---.<----.+++++..>>++.<++++++++.--.-----..+.<--.

Board footer