You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-06 14:05:08

eDio

the first(?) libjpeg issue — proprietary drivers and firmware

Hello, everyone!

Yesterday I was trying to scan some document with my Epson Perfection V10 (same as V100), and found my scanner not working.

It can be detected by sane. But if I try to start iscan utility, it says, that libjpeg.so.62 is missing (any other utilities just don't see my scanner).

This scanner is one of those scanners, that are no longer supported by epson, and need a proprietary modules for operating properly (am I right?).

Can someone tell me, if I can get working two different versions of libjpeg on my system?
Or, maybe, someone can tell me how can I make my scanner to work?

I have tried to symlink the new libjpeg as libjpeg.so.62. iscan will start with this trick, but scanning won't work yet.

I would be very glad to get some help with this, or I will have to fallback to windows sad

#2 2010-02-06 15:49:00

Vain
Website

Re: the first(?) libjpeg issue — proprietary drivers and firmware

Hi,

I own that scanner, too, and ran into the same problem during the last libjpeg update (6 -> 7). Back then, I installed libjpeg6 from AUR:

http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=28427

It shouldn't be a problem to install libjpeg6 together with another version of libjpeg. The library has a different file name anyway and all the binaries have a proper suffix ("cjpeg6", "jpegtran6", ...).

However, I haven't done the current big libjpeg/libpng update yet. But I don't think that'll make a difference because iscan is asking for libjpeg6. smile

Last edited by Vain (2010-02-16 09:14:56)

Board footer