#1 2010-02-07 05:36:18

ac3raven

problems with Arch on the EeePC 701

Asus EeePC 701 4G
512mb RAM
Intel Celeron Processor ~600Mhz
4Gb SSD
Intergrated Intel video chipset

I've installed Arch on my EeePC with the xfce4 desktop enviroment.  When I run "startx" It loads Xfce4 just fine except for my power button, keyboard and mouse, which remain non-functional.

I followed the guide at http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Asu … #Install_X and installed the intel video drivers, the input-synaptics, as well as the input-keyboard and input-mouse packages.  I also installed the latest ighea's acpi-eee package and toofishes eee repository.  I installed the kernel-eee that was supplied by that repository.  I've done everything I could think of to try to get the keyboard and mouse working inside X, but to no avail.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling all the related packages, I've reinstalled xfce4, as well as X itself (once with the xorg.conf and once without).  I've commented out all mentions of "mouse" or "keyboard" in the xorg.conf, which didn't work.

I've edited .xintirc, and /etc/rc.conf and /etc/X11/xorg.conf without results.

I should mention that for one session, the mouse and keyboard worked fine, and it hasn't since.  What could be wrong?

EDIT: I just uninstalled xfce4 and installed lxde instead.  Still the same result.

Last edited by ac3raven (2010-02-07 05:48:33)

#2 2010-02-07 06:09:53

Meyithi
Website

Re: problems with Arch on the EeePC 701

Are you starting HAL via your daemons array in /etc/rc.conf?

The mind roams more freely in empty rooms.
dwm - colours - ncmpcpp - system
irc://irc.freenode.net:meyithi

#3 2010-02-07 06:18:20

ac3raven

Re: problems with Arch on the EeePC 701

Well, I feel dumb.  Thanks so much for the quick reply and it seems to have worked.  Mark this thread as SOLVED! smile

Board footer