You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-12 18:04:21

JoeKer1086

Wireless card not picking up signal (Realtek RTL8187)

Hello, I am having a problem getting my wireless card to pick up a signal after the initial chakra install. I tried using wicd, which does not pick up on any wireless networks and i tried using

iwlist wlan0 scan

but it still said no results, tried taking it down and bringing back up with same results....even tried connecting to my network through konsole even though i couldnt see my network... i did a lspci and it is picking up on my card and it is wlan0. I had arch installed prior to this and did not have any problems with my wireless card so shouldnt I not have any problems in chakra? I love the system so far except for this.....can anyone help me. also Wireless worked fine on the live cd...which i think is a little weird since it does not work now.

I did post this in the chakra forum as well but figured the problem is with the kernel itself so it wouldnt hurt to put it here....any help is appriciated

I understand it completely, grappled hopelessly with comprehension, balanced on the edge of insanity for an eternity.....a moment.

#2 2010-02-13 15:53:41

Trax

Re: Wireless card not picking up signal (Realtek RTL8187)

Well, I have the same problem on my wind U100 (which have a rtl8187se wireless card) on archlinux since my last pacman -Syu:

wlan0     No scan results

Board footer