You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-12 20:18:41

lagagnon
Website

Startup Notification (spinning cursor) in LXDE?

I cannot seem to find out how to get startup notification (ie a spinning or changed cursor) while an application is loading in LXDE. The .desktop files and openbox config files all show startup notification has been activated and set to true, but I still do not get a changed cursor (mouse pointer). This is only really important for the apps that take a few seconds to load. Any ideas appreciated.

Larry

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

#2 2010-02-12 20:23:31

lagagnon
Website

Re: Startup Notification (spinning cursor) in LXDE?

Hmmm...just discovered this post at lxde.org which seems to suggest the latest versions of lxpanel are not configured for that option:
http://forum.lxde.org/viewtopic.php?f=8 … tion#p3493

Last edited by lagagnon (2010-02-12 20:30:54)

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

Board footer