You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-13 17:11:24

Gwasanaethau
Member
From: Baile Átha Clíath, Éire
Registered: 2009-11-20
Posts: 12

[Solved] CD Eject Problems

Hi all,

I wonder if can help: I'm having problems ejecting audio CDs from my laptop. I have set up Arch to not do anything automatically on media insertion, as I need to do a lot of processing from the command line. When I try to eject the CD using the hardware button, there's a 50/50 chance that the CD ejects. When it doesn't, I have to issue 'sudo eject' from the command line (plain 'eject' tells me that I don't have sufficient permissions). Does anyone know what the problem could be here?

My fstab is below:

# 
# /etc/fstab: static file system information
#
# <file system>   <dir>            <type>   <options>                                        <dump> <pass>
proc              /proc            proc     defaults                                         0      0
sysfs             /sys             sysfs    defaults                                         0      0
devpts            /dev/pts         devpts   defaults                                         0      0
shm               /dev/shm         tmpfs    defaults                                         0      0

/dev/sr0          /media/optical   auto     ro,user,noauto,unhide                            0      0

LABEL=Swap        swap             swap     defaults,pri=1                                   0      0
LABEL=ArchRoot    /                ext4     defaults,journal_checksum,data=journal,noatime   0      1
LABEL=Boot        /boot            ext2     defaults,noatime                                 0      2
LABEL=ArchUsr     /usr             ext4     defaults,journal_checksum,data=journal,noatime   0      3
LABEL=ArchVar     /var             ext4     defaults,journal_checksum,data=journal,noatime   0      4
LABEL=Home        /home            ext4     defaults,journal_checksum,data=journal,noatime   0      5

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by Gwasanaethau (2010-02-13 20:11:58)

Offline

#2 2010-02-13 17:26:39

Cyrusm
Member
From: Bozeman, MT
Registered: 2007-11-15
Posts: 1,053

Re: [Solved] CD Eject Problems

stupid question, is your user a member of the optical group?


Hofstadter's Law:
           It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

Offline

#3 2010-02-13 17:26:46

bangkok_manouel
Member
From: indicates a starting point
Registered: 2005-02-07
Posts: 1,557

Re: [Solved] CD Eject Problems

try adding:

dev.cdrom.lock = 0

to /etc/sysctl.conf, should be effective upon next reboot.

Offline

#4 2010-02-13 20:11:28

Gwasanaethau
Member
From: Baile Átha Clíath, Éire
Registered: 2009-11-20
Posts: 12

Re: [Solved] CD Eject Problems

Cyrusm wrote:

stupid question, is your user a member of the optical group?

Oops! Yeah, forgot to add that to my original post! My user is a member of the optical group.

bangkok_manouel wrote:

try adding:

dev.cdrom.lock = 0

to /etc/sysctl.conf, should be effective upon next reboot.

That seems to have done the trick, thanks a mill! cool

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB